Calling all amateur or professional photographers: Show us your best color photography!
Winning photos will demonstrate a strong focus on community events and people enjoying the venues, attractions and local businesses in the New Hampshire and highlight the unique character and beauty of the state. Chosen images will be showcased in the 2017 calendar and displayed on the websites for New Hampshire Mutual Bancorp (NHMB) and its subsidiaries; Merrimack County Savings Bank (the Merrimack), Meredith Village Savings Bank & MillRiver Wealth Management.
From Monday, March 14 through Saturday, May 28, 2016, photographers may submit five (5) entries to be considered for the 2017 community calendar, desk calendar, holiday card and note cards and/or five (5) entries to be considered for display on the websites for the Merrimack, MillRiver Wealth Management, Meredith Village Savings Bank and New Hampshire Mutual Bancorp.
Photos should depict some aspect of community life in New Hampshire. Possible subjects might include (but are not limited to) community events (such as parades, fairs/festivals, or local sporting events), local landmarks, areas of scenic beauty or seasonal pastimes (fishing, ice fishing, sailing, hiking, skiing etc.).
Honorarium for selected images:
A $50 cash prize will be awarded to the photographer for each photo selected for inclusion in the calendar or on the website. Winner is responsible for the payment of any federal, state and local taxes on the prize.
Number of Entries:
You may submit a maximum of five (5) entries for consideration for the calendar, desk calendar, holiday card and note cards and a maximum of five (5) entries for consideration for the website. Please note: the submission requirements for the calendar are different than the requirements for web submissions so please read these rules very carefully before sending in your submission(s).
Judging of all submitted photography will be “blind.” The name of the photographer will not be known by the judging panel. Judging will be based on suitability of the subject, quality of the photography, and adherence to the purpose of the contest, which is to focus on community events and people enjoying the venues, attractions and local businesses in the Lakes Region.
The photography competition is open to all photographers, amateur or professional. Employees of Meredith Village Savings Bank are not excluded from this competition.
Official Entry Forms:
Please submit the Official MVSB Community Calendar Entry Form and/or the Official MVSB Website Entry Form with the photo(s) and CD(s) you are submitting. Official Entry Forms and Rules may be downloaded below or picked up at any MVSB office. Please submit just one entry form for up to 5 photos, using the appropriate form to indicate whether you are entering your photos in the Community Calendar (includes desk calendar, holiday cards & note cards) or Website contest (includes website, Facebook).
Please be sure to fill in all requested information on the form:
- Contact information: name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number and email address. We must be able to contact you by one or more of these methods if any of your photos are selected as winners.
- Photo name, location and brief description for each photo taken. You may describe who or what is in the photo, any interesting details about why you took the photo, or other circumstances that add interest to the image. This section is optional but in the event your photo is chosen as a winner, we will contact you for this information if it is not included on the form.
- Assignment of Publication Rights. We cannot, by law, publish any photographs in our calendar, on our website or in other publications without the explicit permission of the photographer. In order for us to include your photos in our judging process, you must complete and sign this section of the form. These rights are nontransferable and apply only to those photos selected as winners of the contest. All other rights remain with the photographer.
- Parental Release Form. If any of your submitted photographs features the face of a child under the age of 18, the child’s parent or legal guardian must complete and sign this section giving us permission to publish a photo of their child in our calendar, website or any other publication. In order to protect the privacy and safety of children, we cannot consider any photos with children in them without first receiving parental consent.
Please do not write or stick any identifying information to the submitted photographs. Upon receipt, each submitted photo will be assigned a number, and be separated from the official entry form for blind judging.
Format for Print Entries:
All submissions must be in color format. Black and white photographs will not be accepted.
Please observe the following specifications:
- Digital photography is preferred and images must be at a minimum resolution of 300 dpi at 10”x8”. Photographs with slightly lower resolutions will be reviewed, but may be rejected. Full color images require higher resolutions to produce acceptable results.
- Digital images must be submitted on a CD accompanied by a high quality color print. Please submit just one CD (or a maximum of two, if necessary) with all of the images you are submitting. Please do not send a separate CD for each image.
- Digital images must be saved in tiff, eps or jpg format.
- 35mm images presented as slides or high quality professional prints are also acceptable.
- Negatives or high-resolution digital images must be included with prints at the time of submission. Prints submitted without a CD or negatives will not be considered.
- MVSB reserves the right to color correct and/or crop photo entries if necessary.
Format for Website Entries:
- Only color photographs will be considered for inclusion on the website or Facebook.
Please observe the following specifications:
- Winning photographs will be displayed as the homepage banner along the top of the page at the websites for New Hampshire Mutual Bancorp and its subsidiaries: Merrimack County Savings Bank, Meredith Village Savings Bank and MillRiver Wealth Management.
- Digital images must be submitted on a CD at a minimum resolution of 72 dpi (higher dpi is preferred) at a size of at least 960 pixels wide x 400 pixels high, along with a high quality 10”x4.25” color print. Please submit just one CD (or a maximum of two, if necessary) with all of the images you are submitting. Please do not send a
separate CD for each image.
- 10”x4.25” prints must also be submitted for judging and cataloging purposes.
- New Hampshire Mutual Bancorp reserves the right to color correct and/or crop all photo entries if necessary.
Entries must be received by the end of the business day on Saturday, May 28, 2016. Entries may be mailed to the address provided below or dropped off at any of MVSB’s 11 branches located throughout the Lakes Region. For a complete listing of branch locations and hours, please visit the Locations page.
Winners will be contacted by early July.
No payment or purchase is necessary to enter or win. A payment or purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
Mail Entries to:
ATTN: Photo Contest
Meredith Village Savings Bank
PO Box 177
Meredith, NH 03253
Questions: If you have any questions, please call Debbie Irwin, NHMB Marketing Programs Manager, at 279-9160.
NOTE: Due to the volume of photo entries received, we can only return winning entries so please be sure to keep copies of your submitted photos.
Please contact us in the way that is most convenient for you:
- On weekday business hours, call 800.922.6872
- We also have convenient evening and weekend hours in many of our offices.
For a full listing of locations and phone numbers, click here.