Your Security. Our priority.
At Meredith Village Savings Bank, your privacy and security always come first. We are committed to your safety and protection. Find out how we protect you and how you can protect yourself by recognizing, preventing, and reporting fraudulent activity.
How do we protect your privacy?
How do we protect your security when you bank online?
Meredith Village Savings Bank works hard to ensure the safety and soundness of our customers’ information. We utilize the latest technological security methods to provide our customers a secure environment. Learn more here.
Privacy of Children
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act protects children under the age of 13 from the collection of personal information through our website without obtaining verifiable consent from parents. We do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 13 nor do we allow them to open on-line accounts.
How do we protect your debit and/or ATM card?
The safety and security of your money and your information is incredibly important to us. It’s so important that we monitor your debit and/or ATM card for potential fraud 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! Learn more here.
How can you protect yourself?
To help ensure your safety when you bank online, we suggest the following guidelines:
- Keep your contact information with the Bank up to date. This ensures that we can notify you quickly if we notice anything unexpected with your account.
- While using online banking, consider the tips at https://www.mvsb.com/online-
- E-mail. Since email is not a secure form of communication we do not recommend using email to contact MVSB. Our website, www.mvsb.com, has forms that allow you to contact the bank in a secure manner. When using these forms, your information is encrypted, which means it is safe to enter personal information such as account numbers.
- Be wary of phone calls, emails, websites and pop-up windows that ask for personal information, such as your birth date, social security number, passwords or account numbers. Meredith Village Savings Bank will never ask for this information via any of these methods. Our website address is www.mvsb.com . If an email, advertisement or pop-up directs you to a different address, don’t use it, and contact us as soon as possible.
- Monitor your statement and transactions. Let us know immediately if you notice an unexpected or erroneous charge on your statement, or while reviewing your transactions online. In addition, if your regular statement doesn’t arrive when you expect it to, contact us as soon as possible.
- Monitor your credit report. You are entitled to an annual copy of your credit report from the three major credit reporting agencies. To get these, visit www.annualcreditreport.com.
What do you do if you suspect fraud or identity theft?
Please contact us as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Questionable account activity
- You did not receive your statement(s)
- Your debit card or checks are lost or stolen
- You’ve encountered a fake email, website or pop-up window, especially if you responded to any of them with personal information.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), publishes an excellent pamphlet entitled “Take Charge: Fighting Back Against Identity Theft”. Click here to review it online.
Please contact us in the way that is most convenient for you:
- On weekday business hours, call 800.922.6872
- We also have convenient evening and weekend hours in many of our offices.
For a full listing of locations and phone numbers, click here.