Home Mortgage Assistance Options
If you are having difficulty paying your home mortgage, we may be able to help. As a community bank, working with you to come up with a solution that is acceptable to you and to the bank is a priority.
Please reach out to us as soon as you realize you may have difficulty as delays could decrease the options available to you and/or negatively impact your credit rating.
To contact us to learn more about your options and instructions for how to apply, please call 603.279.7986 or 800.922.6872.
If you need help, the following options may be possible, subject to lender approval:
- Refinancing your mortgage with new terms, rates and payments. This may be especially helpful if you have an adjustable rate and/or a high-interest rate on your current mortgage.
- Modifying your loan through an agreement to change the original terms of your mortgage, which could include changes in interest rate and/or extending the term of your mortgage.
- Finding more affordable housing may be the best option for some who cannot afford to continue to pay their mortgage. In this situation, you may be able to sell your home and use the proceeds to pay off your current loan.
When you contact us, please be prepared with the following information:
- Your monthly budget, including all of your income and expenses.
- Copies of the most recent bills, pay stubs and tax returns.
- An explanation of your situation.
- Further documentation may be necessary.
In addition, there are several organizations that can assist you in exploring your options and/or help with household budgeting. They include:
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (For more information call 800.569.4287)
- Affordable Housing, Education and Development (AHEAD)
- Concord Area Trust for Community Housing (CATCH)
- Greenpath Debt Solutions
- Money Management International in Portsmouth
- Neighborworks of Southern New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority