Each year, we partner with our sister banks Merrimack County Savings Bank and Savings Bank of Walpole to host our annual photo contest.
Each Bank produces a calendar unique to the communities it serves every year, and winning photos are also exhibited on our website and social media. Past winners have included photos that explore what it means to live, work and play in New Hampshire: community events, such as parades, fairs, festivals and local sporting events; local landmarks; areas of scenic beauty; seasonal pastimes, such as fishing, ice fishing, sailing, hiking, skiing and boating; and interesting artwork.
Past winners have included amateur and professional photographers, local residents and visitors, customers and those who aren’t yet our customers, and even some employees! Judging is blind so none of the judges are allowed to know who the entrants are – or anything about them – during the review process, and artists can submit as many as 10 photos for the calendar contest and 10 photos for our website contest. Thus, sometimes entrants win multiple prizes in any given year.
- The contest launches each spring. Watch our social media, read your eNewsletter from us, and check your local newspapers and our website for announcements of this year’s specific dates.
- The contest runs 4-6 weeks each year. Please be sure to note the due date in the official rules each year as it changes slightly.
- Contest entrants are notified about 6 weeks after the contest ends each year.
- Calendars arrive in offices in the fall and are available in tent versions for your desk top or traditional wall calendars. They are available in limited quantities so be sure to check our social media pages, read your eNewsletter from us, and check your local newspapers and our website for announcements.
- In general, our holiday cards often feature the December photo from that year’s calendar.
While the rules change a bit each year, it may be helpful to you to review last year’s rules as you take photos this year. You can find them at https://www.mvsb.com/photo-contest/
To see the winning photos from our sister bank, Merrimack County Savings Bank, click here.
Below are the photos from our 2022 calendar.
The Beauty of NH
by Alice O'Connor
by Macayla Dutile
Sunset from Old Barn
by Marie Sapienza
Finnick Waves Hello
by Illyana Golden
Spring Activity at the Wolfeboro Town Docks
by Elissa Paquette
by Holly Heath
Crawford Notch Station with Neowise Comet
by Abhijit Patil
Sunrise on Squam Lake
by Robert Kozlow
Mailboxes and Sunflowers
by Colleen Eliason
Fall Colors at St. Matthews Chapel on Sugar Hill
by Abhijit Patil
Sunset at Marsh Pond
by Kurt Oberhausen
Red, White & Blue Winterscape
by Kathleen Curran