We take your privacy and security seriously at MVSB and have implemented vigorous internal security measures to protect your personal and account information while banking at our branches, over the phone and via the web. With keystroke loggers, virus attacks and phishing scams becoming increasingly prevalent, your vigilance and cooperation is also imperative in ensuring a secure Online and Mobile Banking environment.
In the expandable menus below, you will find information about Online and Mobile Banking security controls as well as tips for making your electronic banking experience as safe as possible. In addition to this information, please refer to the Electronic Fund Transfers disclosure we provided you at account opening for an explanation of consumer protections relative to Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E).
We strive to provide you with the most secure electronic banking services. Here are some of the ways we protect you while using Online and Mobile Banking to access your accounts:
- MVSB will never call, email or text you to request your user names, passwords, account numbers or other secure information.
- If you receive an unsolicited message or call claiming to be from Meredith Village Savings Bank or, if for any reason you are not sure if a message you received was sent from Meredith Village Savings Bank, please do not click on any links or attachments and contact us to verify that the communication is authentic. Do not provide your log in credentials in response to any request online, by phone or in person. Providing this information may allow a criminal to access your account(s). If you are contacted and asked for personal information, such as your Online Banking credentials, or if notice suspicious account activity, please notify Branch Services at 1-800-922-6872 immediately.
- The system is set to require strong passwords. We recommend choosing a password that is at least 8 digits in length, contains both upper and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters. Please change your password from time to time to protect your privacy.
- We have a layered security system including related features such as one-time pass code authentication.
- The system will allow access only from browsers with 128-bit Secure Sockets (SSL) technology.
- Our network is protected by a multi-layer intrusion prevention system and firewall to prevent unauthorized access.
- If your Online or Mobile Banking account is inactive for 10 minutes, the application will automatically time out. To resume your session you will need to re-enter your password.
All Online Banking users have the option of receiving email alerts when specific transactions occur or balance criteria are met. You can set these up within the Additional Services tab in Online Banking.
We monitor online banking activity closely and may contact you if we notice login attempts, bill payments or external transfers that are out of the ordinary for you. Risk Management Specialists from MVSB or from our online banking service providers will only contact you to verify the activity was authorized by you and will not ask for confidential information, such as your online banking username and password. If you are ever uncertain if a communication you received was made by or on behalf of MVSB, please hang up and call us back directly at (800) 922-6872. Please also be sure to keep your contact information up to date, so that we can reach you promptly.
There are a number of things that you can do that will help to protect your information and identity when you are online:
- Before you enter any personal or financial information on a website, always make sure the computer or mobile access device you are using is equipped with a reputable, and updated anti-virus program and firewall.
- Ensure that you have installed the latest security updates for your operating system and any applications you use.
- Keep your web browser updated with the latest security settings and patches.
- When accessing your accounts using Online or Mobile Banking, we also recommend the following:
- We encourage you to select a unique password that does not include personal information, such as your name, date of birth, family member’s names, etc. for your security.
- Remember to never share your log in credentials with anyone and to only use the ID assigned to you. Do not store this information on or near your computer or mobile access device.
- Do not set your internet browser to remember your passwords or automatically log you in to your Online or Mobile Banking.
- Only use Online or Mobile Banking from secure networks.
- Log out and close the browser when you have completed your Online or Mobile Banking session.
- Do not open unsolicited e-mails and e-mail attachments or install software from unknown sources.
- Make sure your financial and personal information has been properly cleared from your computer or mobile access device before disposing it.
- If you use SMS (Text Message) banking, remember messages are stored on your phone. Erase these messages periodically.
- If your computer or mobile access device is lost or stolen or if you believe your log in credentials have been compromised, please contact us as soon as possible so we can assist you with protecting your accounts.
For more information about protecting your personal financial information, please visit:
For assistance developing an information security plan for your business including a recommended annual risk assessment and review of security controls, please visit:
Please contact us in the way that is most convenient for you:
- On weekday business hours, call 800.922.6872
- We also have convenient evening and weekend hours in many of our offices.
For a full listing of locations and phone numbers, click here.