We will be accepting applications for grants through the MVSB Fund through October 15, 2012.
Established in 1997, the fund awards grants annually to local nonprofits that make a significant impact upon the communities the bank serves. Since its inception, 216 grants totaling more than $796,000 have been awarded to a wide range of environmental, social, educational, and historic projects throughout the Lakes Region and Plymouth area.
Over the years, the Fund has supported literacy programs, after-school programs, environmental monitoring and education, restoration of historic structures, organizations that provide support for individuals and families in challenging circumstances, and equipment that helps save lives. These grants are in addition to the bank’s regular contributions and extraordinary volunteer efforts by its employees.
Award criteria and details:
- Organizations must be recognized as tax-exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code and public agencies are eligible to apply.
- Organizations and public agencies should have their primary base of operations in the Lakes Region/Plymouth area of New Hampshire.
- Grants generally range from $1,000 to $15,000. The majority are for less than $10,000.
Grants are generally NOT awarded for the following purposes:
- operating support or funding for ongoing or annual programs (note: short-term operating support many be provided in the form of initial funding for new organizations)
- to replace public funding or for such purposes which are a public responsibility
- for sectarian or religious purposes
- for deficit reduction or to support activity which has already been completed to support academic research
- for travel out-of-state by school or youth groups or by individuals for scholarly or professional purposes