MVSB was recently awarded the 1st Annual Worksite Health Champion Award from the Lakes Region Partnership for Public Health (LRPPH). The award was given on September 26th at LRPPH’s Annual Meeting in recognition of the Bank’s efforts to promote employee health and wellness.
Lori Groleau, PHR Human Resources Generalist, Employment & Wellness, acts as steward of the MVSB Wellness Program and Chair of the Bank’s Wellness Committee – a group of employees that meet regularly to discuss and develop educational programs surrounding employee wellness.
“Our Wellness Committee members have truly made healthy living a cornerstone of our culture at MVSB,” said David Cronin, Senior Vice President and Human Resources Officer. ““The group’s fun and educational programs have been varied and creative, appealing to a great number of our employees while improving the overall health and wellness of our organization. Ultimately we feel this allows us to provide high-quality, enthusiastic service to our customers while supporting our employees and their commitment within the communities we serve.”
Highlights of MVSB’s Wellness Program include:
- “Weigh-to-Go!” wellness program covering a wide range of topics including goal setting, meal planning, healthy cooking demonstrations and one-on-one nutrition counseling sessions with a licensed/registered dietitian.
- “Eat Well, Be Well” series.
- Employee wellness fairs providing information and resources on heart health, cancer prevention and other topics, as well as testing of cholesterol and glucose levels and other health services.
- Annual flu shots.
- On-site nutritionist consultations.
- Fitness challenges encouraging friendly competition among employees to become more active, adopt healthier eating habits, and strive for mind/body/spirit wellness.
- A monthly newsletter and intranet page featuring information about Wellness Committee activities, fitness tips, healthy recipes, and inspiring stories from co-workers who have made significant progress in reaching their fitness goals.
- A lending library providing resources for employees who want to learn more about nutrition and other health topics on their own.
Photo Caption: Meredith Village Savings Bank recently received the 2013 Worksite Health Champion Award from Lakes Region Partnership for Public Health. Wellness Committee Members (Left to Right) – Robin Pelczar, Alison Whynot, David Cronin, Patricia Colby, Lori Groleau, Cathy Dougherty and Monica Kearney. Not pictured – Amy Andrews, Anne White, Catherine Zirpolo, Cindy Hemeon-Plessner, Claudette Ball, Kasey Borski, Leeann Turner, Michael Boisvert and Nancy Cunningham.