We are pleased to once again serve as a sponsor for the LNH Children’s Auction, which supports children and families in need throughout the Lakes Region. This year, the televised auction is scheduled for Tuesday, December 10 through Saturday, December 14.
As in years past, our offices around the Lakes Region will serve as drop off points for donated auction items from now through Wednesday, December 11. Due to space concerns, the office in the Hannaford Supermarket in Plymouth will not be able to accept donations; however, the Plymouth Main Street office and all other offices will be accepting items. Community members are also invited to drop off their “theme day” donations, including much needed items like diapers, canned goods, toiletries, and socks at MVSB offices throughout the week of the auction. Stay tuned in to the auction or visit www.childrensauction.com for theme day information.
We have been a supporter of the auction since it began in 1982 and we were one of the first corporate sponsors for the event. This year, we will also contribute $1000 in gift certificate vouchers through our GenGold benefits program. GenGold is a unique discount program offered exclusively in this area by MVSB and features more than 60 benefits and services such as identity theft protection, discounts at local and national retailers, travel services and discounts and scholarship programs. The winner of each gift voucher will be able to choose a gift card from any of the over 450 local GenGold business partners – including 60 of the area’s most popular restaurants.
In addition to monetary donations, we have provided volunteer support to the event for many years. Each year, our employees serve as phone bank operators, cashiers, runners and in other support roles for the auction.
“We are so moved by the commitment of the Children’s Auction volunteers and the generosity of community members and local businesses,” said CEO and President Sam Laverack. “It is incredibly rewarding to be a part of an event that makes such a significant impact on the lives of children and families throughout the Lakes Region.”
In 2012, the LNH Children’s Auction raised over $416,500 for local organizations. Beneficiaries of these funds included:
- Appalachian Mountain Teen Project
- Baby Threads
- Belmont Police Explorers Santa’s Little Helpers
- Boys and Girls Club of the Lakes Region
- Central NH VNA Pediatric Program
- Child and Family Services
- Christmas Village
- Franklin Parks and Rec
- Genesis Behavioral Health
- Gilford Police Relief Association
- Got Lunch! Inter-Lakes
- Got Lunch! Laconia
- Greater Lakes Child Advocacy Center
- Greater Lakes Region Santa Fund
- Health First Family Care Center Franklin
- Inter-Lakes Giving Tree
- Laconia Area Community Land Trust
- Laconia Education Endowment Foundation
- Laconia Police Relief Family Fund
- Lakes Region Child Care Services
- Lakes Region Community Services
- Mrs. Santa Fund of Alton
- Prescott Farm
- Project EXTRA!
- Rich Velasquez Youth Sports Equipment Foundation
- Salvation Army
- St. Vincent de Paul Children’s Foundation
- Tapply Thompson Community Center
- Tilton Northfield Recreation Department
- Tilton-Northfield-Sanbornton Santa Fund
- Winnipesaukee Playhouse
- Winnipesaukee Skating Club
The LNH Children’s Auction is in need of donated items and financial and volunteer support in order to reach its goal this year. To learn how you can help, visit www.childrensauction.com, contact us them by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (603) 524-1323.
Photo Caption: Gilford Office employees (left to right) Kimberly Lesnewski, Christine Spadafore, Becky Reposa, Susan Carter and Debbie Grant.