The MVSB Fund is accepting grant applications through October 15, 2014.
Established in 1997, the MVSB Fund awards grants annually to local nonprofits that make a significant impact upon the communities the bank serves. Since its inception, 248 grants totaling more than $971,922 have been awarded to a wide range of environmental, social, educational, and historic projects throughout the Lakes Region and Plymouth areas.
Over the years, the Fund has supported literacy programs, after-school programs, environmental monitoring and education, restoration of historic structures, organizations that provide support for individuals and families in challenging circumstances, and equipment that helps save lives. These grants are in addition to the Bank’s regular contributions and extraordinary volunteer efforts by its employees.
Award criteria and details:
- Organizations must be recognized as tax-exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code and public agencies are eligible to apply.
- Organizations and public agencies should have their primary base of operations in the Lakes Region/Plymouth area of New Hampshire.
- Grants generally range from $1,000 to $15,000. The majority are for less than $10,000.
- Proposals are sought from organizations which:
- represent a high internal priority for the applicant organization and are related to its mission and development;
- include a clear, practical plan with objectives for services, participation and results;
- leverage other funding or voluntary support;
- offer evidence that project objectives will be accomplished within the grant period, or that other funding will be secured to continue the activity in the future;
- demonstrate cooperation or collaboration among organizations for greater impact.
- Grants are generally NOT awarded for the following purposes:
- operating support or funding for ongoing or annual programs;
- to replace public funding or for such purposes which are a public responsibility;
- for sectarian or religious purposes;
- for deficit reduction or to support activity which has already been completed;
- to support academic research;
- for travel out-of-state by school or youth groups or individuals for scholarly or professional purposes.
Meredith Village Savings Bank MVSB Fund: Rick Wyman, 24 NH Route 25, P.O. Box 177, Meredith, NH 03253