Meredith Village Savings Bank is accepting grant applications for the MVSB Fund at New Hampshire Charitable Foundation through October 15, 2016.
Established in 1997, the MVSB Fund awards grant-based contributions to non-profit organizations that enrich and improve the quality of life for residents living in the Bank’s service areas. Since its inception, 294 grants totaling more than $1,184,467 have been awarded to a wide range of environmental, social, educational and historic projects throughout the Lakes Region and Plymouth areas.
Over the years, the Fund has supported literacy programs, after-school programs, environmental monitoring as well as education and restoration of historic structures, organizations that provide support for individuals and families in challenging circumstances and equipment that helps save lives. While not focused on a particular category, Fund administrators are mindful of the receiving organization and its contribution to the quality of life in the communities served.
To qualify for an award, the following criteria should be met:
- Organizations are recognized as tax-exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code and public agencies are eligible to apply.
- Organizations and public agencies should have their primary base of operations in the Lakes Region or Plymouth area of New Hampshire.
- Grants generally range from $1,000 to $15,000. The majority are for less than $10,000.
- Proposals are sought from organizations which:
- Represent a high internal priority for the applicant organization and are related to its mission and development;
- Include a clear, practical plan with objectives for services, participation and results
- Leverage other funding or voluntary support
- Offer evidence that project objectives will be accomplished within the grant period, or that other funding will be secured to continue the activity in the future;
- Demonstrate cooperation or collaboration among organizations for greater impact.
Grants are generally not awarded for the following purposes:
- Operating support or funding for ongoing or annual programs;
- To replace public funding or for such purposes which are a public responsibility;
- For sectarian or religious purposes;
- For deficit reduction or to support activity which has already been completed;
- To support academic research;
- For travel out-of-state by school or youth groups or by individuals for scholarly or professional purposes.
For more information about the MVSB Fund or to download an application, visit mvsb.com/about/community-involvement/. Applications are also available at any MVSB office.