Meredith Village Savings Bank (MVSB) is pleased to announce this year’s recipients of the James D. Sutherland Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship is awarded annually to one graduating senior each from Gilford, Inter-Lakes, Kingswood, Laconia, Moultonborough, Plymouth Regional and Prospect Mountain High Schools. These schools are located in towns where MVSB has a branch. In 2018, the scholarship will expand to include Portsmouth.
This year’s recipients include:
- Cameron Place of New Durham, son of Daniel and Lynette Place, attending Husson University in Maine
- Jenna Morrison of Plymouth, daughter of Dan’ee Morrison, attending Saint Anselm College
- Johanna Morris of Gilford, daughter of John and Lisa Morris, attending the University of Rhode Island
- Kadidja Conde of Laconia, daughter of Silaty Conde, attending American University in Washington D.C.
- Kelsey Mako of Moultonborough, daughter of Bob and Connie Mako, attending the University of New Hampshire
- Matthew Duffield of Meredith, son of John and Allison Duffield, attending Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec
- Naomi Murzin of Barnstead, daughter of Donald and Rebecca Murzin, attending Keene State College
The Sutherland Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of James Sutherland, who served as President and CEO of Meredith Village Savings Bank between 1982 and 1996. Students interested in applying for the 2018 scholarship are encouraged to contact their guidance office.