Meredith Village Savings Bank (MVSB) is pleased to announce this year’s recipients of the James D. Sutherland Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship is awarded annually to one exceptional graduating senior in each high school supporting the students of the towns and cities where MVSB has a branch. These include Gilford High School, Inter-Lakes High School, Laconia High School, Kingswood High School, Moultonborough Academy, Plymouth Regional High School, Portsmouth High School and Prospect Mountain High School.
This year’s recipients include:
- Lydia Clapp of Center Harbor, attending St. Michael’s College in Colchester, Vermont
- Myles Currier of Moultonborough, attending Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida
- Autumn Faris of Center Ossipee, attending NH Technical Institute in Concord
- Molly Edmark of Plymouth, attending Keene State College
- Riley Huneke of Portsmouth, attending the University of Southern Maine in Portland
- Lily Michaud of Alton, attending the University of Oklahoma in Norman, Oklahoma
- Maya Minnick of Laconia, attending Castleton State University in Castleton, Vermont
- Maddison Rector of Gilford, attending the University of New Hampshire in Durham
The Sutherland Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of James Sutherland, who served as President and CEO of Meredith Village Savings Bank between 1982 and 1996. Scholarship recipients represent the values of Meredith Village Savings Bank, which include accountability, mutuality, excellence, respect, integrity, teamwork and stewardship. Students interested in applying for the 2021 scholarship are encouraged to contact their school’s guidance department.