Our Fraud Management Team offers the following tips to protect yourself from criminals looking to steal your identity and/or your money:
- Review your credit and online banking regularly. Contact your bank immediately if you notice anything unexpected.
- Do not open emails you are not expecting.
- Do not click on pop-ups or gift ads.
- If you’re not sure a phone call you received is legitimate, hang up and call them back on a confirmed number directly. You’ll likely find their contact information on their website or on your account statement.
- Do not provide personal or financial information over the phone unless you have confirmed the caller is legitimate and that they truly need that information to assist you.
- Update your computer and mobile devices with the most recent security software updates available.
If you have concerns you might be a victim of fraud, please contact us at 800.922.6872 so we can assist with protecting your accounts and your identity. In addition, review the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) resources for identity theft prevention and recovery.