Twenty-four local amateur and professional photographers are winners of the MVSB community photo contest. The winners were selected through a blind review process by a group of MVSB employees and Corporators using an extensive review process.
Complementary calendars are expected to arrive in all 13 branch offices this fall where community members can come in to pick up desk tent or wall-hanging options.
“We had hundreds of impressive photo submissions this year and it was difficult for us to narrow down the final selections,” said Cindy Hemeon-Plessner, MVSB Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing and Experience Officer. “Each winning selection tells a story and elicits emotions – from respect and sadness to joy and awe. Because of the beauty of the Lakes and Seacoast Regions, there are several landscape photos while others feature local flora and fauna – both wild and domesticated. They winning photos are truly spectacular.”
The winning selections for the 2023 Community Calendar include:
- January: Milky Way over the rocky shore of Rye by Marie Sapienza
- February: Barred Owl by Petros Tsanlaredes
- March: Maple sugaring by Robert Kozlow
- April: Sunrise on Mount Major by John Scott Shelburne
- May: Checking out the visitor by Elissa Paquette
- June: Baby loon by Christopher Agurkis
- July: Laconia by Cathy Landroche
- August: Rocky beach by Holly Heath
- September: Last call by Sue Bean
- October: Ride on the Conway Scenic Railroad by Corey McKean
- November: Heroes by Robert Manley
- December: Center Harbor by John Parolin
John Parolin’s photo “Center Harbor” will be featured on MVSB’s 2023 holiday season communications. Marie Sapienza’s photo “Milky Way over the rocky shores of Rye” will be featured as the calendar cover photo.
The MVSB website features photos from many years of previous contests as well. The following artists will have photos added to the catalogue of pictures that are featured throughout the year: Cathy Ahrens, Donna Leavitt, Jennifer Richard, Kathleen Curran, Mary Dean, Mike Weinhold, Randy Wilson, Robert Kozlow, Sandra Wing, Sarah Duval, Stacey Leonard, Stacy Wyman, Thomas Fleury, Wendy Avery, and William Larson. Brenda Kean will have her winning photo featured as an MVSB notecard.
Go to mvsb.com/annual-community-photo-contest to read more and view the winning photos.