Meredith Village Savings Bank (MVSB) is reminding non-profits that applications for the Meredith Village Savings Bank Fund are due on October 15, 2018.
Established in 1997, under the leadership of John Starrett, then President and CEO of the Bank, the MVSB Fund makes grant-based contributions to non-profit organizations that enrich and improve the quality of life for residents living in the Bank’s service areas. Since its inception, 351 grants totaling $1,410,867 have been awarded to a wide range of environmental, social, educational and historic projects throughout the Greater Lakes Region, Plymouth and NH Seacoast areas.
The Fund has supported literacy programs, after-school programs, environmental monitoring, as well as education and restoration of historic structures, organizations that provide support for individuals and families in challenging circumstances and equipment that helps save lives. While not focused on a particular category, Fund administrators are mindful of the receiving organization and its contribution to the quality of life in the communities that are served.
To qualify for an award, the following criteria should be met:
- Organizations are recognized as tax-exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code and public agencies are eligible to apply.
- Organizations and public agencies should have their primary base of operations in the Lakes Region, Plymouth area or Seacoast of New Hampshire.
- Grants generally range from $1,000 to $15,000. The majority are for less than $10,000.
- Proposals are sought from organizations which:
- Represent a high internal priority for the applicant organization and are related to its mission and development
- Include a clear, practical plan with objectives for services, participation and results
- Leverage other funding or voluntary support
- Offer evidence that project objectives will be accomplished within the grant period, or that other funding will be secured to continue the activity in the future
- Demonstrate cooperation or collaboration among organizations for greater impact
Grants are generally not awarded for the following purposes:
- Operating support or funding for ongoing or annual programs
- Replacement of public funding, or for purposes that are a public responsibility
- Sectarian or religious purposes
- Deficit reduction or to support activity which has already been completed
- Support of academic research
- Out-of-state travel expenses for students, youth groups or by individuals for academic or professional purposes
For more information about the Meredith Village Savings Bank Fund or to download an application, visit www.mvsb.com. Applications are also available at any MVSB office.