HOMEteam, a homeownership education and counseling services collaborative amongst NeighborWorks® Southern New Hampshire, CATCH Neighborhood Housing and Laconia Area Community Land Trust, has announced the availability of a free home buyer seminar in Laconia on Saturday, February 6.
HOMEteam’s home buyer seminars are designed to help prospective home buyers learn and understand the responsibilities associated with purchasing a home and homeownership. Topics covered during the seminar include:
- How and where to start in the complicated home buying process.
- Major steps to buying a home.
- Are you ready to purchase a home?
- How to establish a budget and improve your credit.
- How to improve your chances of getting a mortgage.
- What you need for down payment and closing costs.
- Special programs to finance your home.
- How and when to work with real estate agents, loan officers, home inspectors and title companies.
- All participants eligible for free follow-up one-on-one counseling.
Denise Hubbard (NMLS 47515), Loan Programs Specialist for Meredith Village Savings Bank will be the guest lender for this program. Denise has more than 25 years of experience in mortgage lending, and specializes in Reverse Mortgages, Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veteran’s Administration (VA), Rural Development, and NH Housing loans. She will provide valuable guidance on the mortgage application process and special loan programs available to home buyers.
This free home buyer seminar will be held on Saturday, February 6 between 8:30am and 4:30pm at the Lakes Region Community Service building, 719 North Main Street, Laconia, NH 03246. To register, please visit www.HOMEteamNH.org or call 866-701-9097.
If you’re interested in attending this seminar, but the time or location is not convenient for you, please visit www.HOMEteamNH.org for a full listing of their course and counseling offerings throughout the state.