We are thrilled to announce the winners of our annual photo contest! Selected photos will be included in the 2014 MVSB Community Calendar or on our website. The Community Calendar will be available free to the public beginning in late fall at each of our 11 offices across the Lakes Region.
We received over 300 unique submissions from approximately 70 local and visiting photographers for this year’s contest, making narrowing down the selection quite a challenge. “We always have such a wonderful response for this contest,” noted Cindy Hemeon-Plessner, Vice President and Marketing Officer at MVSB. “We really look for photos that capture the unique character of the Lakes Region and the communities we serve. This is a great way to celebrate the people and culture of those areas and provides us the opportunity to highlight the artistic work of some very talented people.”
The winners of the Community Photo Contest are:
- Kenneth Alger of Wolfeboro – website
- Ruth Arsenault of Alton Bay – website
- Donald Bump of Ashland – calendar & website
- Robert Clifford of Gilford – calendar & website
- Joan Coburn of Gilford – calendar & website
- Linda Fairchild of Center Ossipee – calendar & website
- Susan Francesco of Holderness – calendar & website
- Ida Gould of Campton – website
- Dawn Garza of Center Ossipee – calendar
- Christina Kolb of Gilford – calendar
- Elizabeth Morin of Moultonborough – website
- Bob Ness of Wolfeboro – website
- Kurt Oberhausen of Belmont – calendar
- Jackie Prince of New Hampton – calendar
- Christine Randall of Ashland – calendar & website
- Bill Tisdale of Gilford – website
In the coming year, we plan to launch our Annual Photo Contest a little earlier than in previous years. It will begin on Monday, March 3, 2014 with a deadline for submissions of Friday, May 30th. We also will put a stronger focus on selecting photos that demonstrate community events and people enjoying the variety of venues, attractions and local businesses the Lakes Region has to offer year round!
Dawn Garza’s photo, “Brighten the Day,” will be featured in MVSB’s 2014 Community Calendar for the month of January.